We're parents too. That's why we've developed our mermaid tails with safety as our first priority. Our monofin and mermaid tail combination is flexible, realistic, safe, and FUN!
The following skills should be mastered before you start using your mermaid tail:
Back Float 30 seconds: It's important to be able to safely relax and rest in the water if you get tired.
Roll from front float to back float: able to turn over, maintain control and be comfortable in the water.
Swim 25 meters/yards and breathe unassisted during the swim: no help from the pool sides!
Dolphin kick on front 5 kicks, breathe and repeat; This is the basic movement required to swim in a mermaid tail. Swimmers should be competent at it before mermaiding.
Dolphin kick on back 5 kicks.
Here are some safety tips that will help you enjoy your mermaid tail.
- Must always be used under Adult Supervision.
- Buyer/User assumes responsibility for Proper, Safe & Legal use of this product
- If your Mermaid is not a strong swimmer we strongly recommend the matching water wings
- Only swim as a mermaid where you would swim as a human
- Only for swimmers 6&up. This product is not a flotation device
- Children 6 years old or younger MUST remain within arms’ reach of a parent or guardian
(18+ years) at a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children.
Use your best judgment to decide if you are ready for our tails. Mermaid tails are an excellent tool to encourage kids to swim and be active. Please contact our sales department for more information.